The Birth Centenary of India’s former Prime Minister, Late Smt. Indira Gandhi was celebrated on 23rd of March 2017 with enthusiasm and passion by the educational institutes functioning under the Indira Gandhi Group of Institutions.
The event comprised activities which saw participation from students and faculty alike.
– The Indira Gandhi Group of Institutions’ official website “iggi.org.in” was launched.
– The newest member of IGGI, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Kendra (RGSK) was introduced.
– Bhoomi Pujan was held for a new building for Indira Gandhi Institute of Paramedical Sciences (IGIPS)
– An Exhibition Gallery was put together by students showcasing more than 30bworking models and posters related to their subjects.
– Cultural programs with participation from students of all three schools (Nursing, Paramedical and Technical Institutes)
– The traditional Florence Nightingale Oath taking ceremony by 110 young nursing students was held.
– A progress report of each unit was presented by the respective unit heads.
The programme was presided over by Director IGGI Smt. Sharmila Barua Roychowdhury with Shri. Manoj Muttu, Administrator S.G.M.T., and Dr. Madhu Chandra,C.E.O. Kamla Nehru Memorial Hospital Allahabad as Chief Guest. The event was attended by more than 1000 guests including the students and their parents/guardians celebrating 10 years of IGSCON and 5 years of IGIPS.
The Centenary Celebrations concluded with a speech of thanks from the Director expressing her gratitude to guests for their attendance and hosts for conceptualizing and carrying out the show.